- Bon Iver– Yes, I am aware of the fact that I am late on this train, but a friend of mine introduced me to this guy and now I’m obsessed. Wisconsin knows what’s good. Believe the hype.
- M83– You’ve probably heard that song “Midnight City” everywhere, but you’ve got to listen to the rest. Very upbeat and electronic. M83 is super quality.
- The Joy Formidable– I love how whimsical the female vocalist sounds on their tracks. The instruments sound really grungy and I catch myself doing a lot of head banging. One of their songs is featured on the “Breaking Dawn” soundtrack. Don’t worry, that’s not how I discovered them. If I get to see them live, I’ll let y’all know how rad they are.
- The Walkmen– They were featured on The OC Vol. 2, therefore they are awesome. Any band on an OC soundtrack is golden. Take my word on that one.
- The Black Keys– Their newest album “El Camino” was released last month. I dig it and you probably will too. It’f folk mixed with rock. Some of the songs from the “Attack & Release” album make me feel like I’m in a saloon from one of those western movies. Ha-ha.
- Gotye– It’s a little weird, but sometimes weird is good. Their videos are artistic. I The music from down under is bombass. Their 9:30 club show is sold-out so it’s gonna be g0o0o0o0o0od.
- Youth Lagoon– I literally just heard them for the first time about fifteen minutes ago and I immediately fell into a state of tranquility and ease. Their music makes my mind wander. I wonder how I’ll react in person when I see them this March!
- Summer Camp– I’ve posted about them before, but once is not enough! Summer Camp is this awesome band from the UK. Their song “Jake Ryan” is one of my favorites. They released a new album last month called “Welcome to Condale” and it’s ridiculously good. It’s poppy in a good way that’ll make you dance. Their songs belong in a jukebox. I’ve been listening to them for months now and they’re coming to DC next month so I’m super stoked!
Shoutout to my friend Hunter for letting me use his Spotify where a lot of this music has a home. (Partially thanks to me.) The kid has a good ear.
If I have time, I’ll add some more artists/bands later…